Risk assessment is an important step in protecting your staff your assets and your business, as well as taking advantage of opportunities. It helps you focus on the risks that really matter in your business – the ones with the potential to cause real harm or real upside.
Risk Assessment is a systematic approach to identify hazards, evaluate risk and incorporate appropriate measures to manage and mitigate risk for any work process or activity.
This two-day course shall introduce you to the principles and the five steps of risk assessment and take you through the risk assessment techniques described in the NEC/ISO 31010 standard.
The course shows you how to develop and implement a risk assessment plan and how to apply techniques to each step of the risk assessment process.
It will help you to develop the skills and knowledge to identify, assess and evaluate risks from a safety, environmental or business perspective.
Through workshops and case studies participants shall acquire the skills to select and apply the most appropriate techniques depending on the risk and the step in the risk assessment process.
On completion of the programme participants shall:
• Understand the principles of risk assessment
• Understand the practical application of risk assessment techniques
• Be able to categorise and evaluate risk
• Be aware of the various risk assessment techniques provided in the NEC/ISO 31010 standard
• Be able to differentiate between qualitative, semi qualitative and quantitative techniques
• Be able to select the most applicable technique depending on the step in the risk assessment process
• Be able to apply the risk assessment techniques in real life risk assessments
• What is risk Assessment?
• Risk identification
• Risk Analysis
• Risk Evaluation
• Principles of risk assessment
• The five steps of risk assessment
• Implementing a risk assessment plan
o Purpose and scope
o Human, organizational, social factors
o Criteria for decisions
• Information management and model development
Risk Assessment techniques
• Identifying risk
• Determining sources, causes and drivers of risk
• Effectiveness of existing controls
• Consequences and likelihood
• Interactions and dependencies
• Measures of risk
Risk Analysis Review
• Verifying and validating results
• Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis
• Monitoring and review
Apply results to support decisions
• Decisions about the significance of risk
• Selecting between options
Recording and reporting the risk assessment process and outcomes
Selecting risk assessment techniques
• Categorization of techniques
• eliciting views from stakeholders and experts
• identifying risk
• determining sources, causes and drivers of risk
• analysing controls
• Understanding consequences and likelihood
• Analysing dependencies and interactions
• Providing a measure of risk
• Evaluating the significance of risk
• Selecting between options
• Recording and reporting
Application of Risk assessment Techniques (case studies/workshops/examples)
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in Risk Management. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
The programme is based on the ISO 310010 standard for risk assessment and is delivered through presentations, workshops and case studies. It facilitates participant discussion to ensure a thorough understanding of the key points and their application. Real life case studies, workshops and exercises will be used to ensure practical understanding of each topic.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone with responsibility for undertaking risk assessments, particularly line managers, supervisors and safety representatives, operations managers, production managers underwriters, auditors, finance managers, IT managers and administrators, brokers and insurance intermediaries etc.
Monday 07/06/2021 - 09:00-17:15
Tuesday 08/06/2021 - 09:00-17:15
Website >Learn more.
For more information, please contact the European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF) at +357-22274470 or Contact us here